• HHS has announced the start of the second phase of its HIPAA audit program.
• Both covered entities and business associates may be selected for a HIPAA audit.
• If a HIPAA audit reveals a serious compliance issue, HHS may initiate a compliance review to investigate further.
• Entities selected for an audit will be asked to provide information regarding HIPAA compliance.
• Audited entities will have 10 business days to submit the requested information.
• After OCR develops its draft findings, audited entities will have 10 business days to review the findings and respond to OCR.
To learn more, read the full HHS Launches HIPAA Audit Program Compliance Bulletin.
© 2016 Zywave, Inc. All rights reserved.