Last month, the Internal Revenue Service published final regulations implementing the Affordable Care Act’s employer shared responsibility provisions, which subject certain large employers to penalties if they do not provide affordable, minimum value health coverage to their full-time employees and dependents. Here are 3 calculator tools to help you navigate these rules.
- Help employers use the look-back measurement method for determining whether certain employees are full time
- Document the employer’s measurement, administrative and stability periods and average employees’ hours of service
- New features allow employers to track hours of service each month and project full-time employee status for each employee
- Determine whether an employer is a large employer subject to the employer shared responsibility rules
- Includes features for counting full-time, part-time and seasonal employees
- Help employers determine whether they will be subject to penalties in 2015 and beyond based on current coverage offerings
- Estimate potential penalty amounts and costs of providing coverage